I wanted to highlight two amazing Max for Live Devices for Ableton’s Push.
The first one we will look at is the Safe Push Performance 1.2. This device allows you to disable potentially dangerous or useless buttons on Push during a live performance. I’ve found Push as an amazing in the studio device, and this M4L device makes it even better in a Live Setting.
- When switching between Note and Session mode, the previously saved presets will be loaded
- Hold Shift + Select allows you to temporarily enable buttons:
- In momentary mode they are enabled as long as you hold “hold Shift + Select”
- In toggle mode they are enabled until you press “hold Shift + Select” a second time OR until you switch mode (Note/Session)
- If you navigate to the device you can enable the buttons one by one with the knobs on Push, but the states will be overwritten as soon as you press Note, Session or hold Shift + Select
The next Max For live Device is simple, but helpful. Audio Clip Trimmer is a simple utility that helps to trim audio clips with Push (or other midi controllers)
Turn loop off >
Move start and end points >
Re trigger clip to listen >
Right click > Crop sample
Drag sample to a drum rack >
This is super helpful to quickly crop and trim your clips. These are the first 2 utilities I have seen, and I have a feeling that in the next few months we will see more and more Max for Live devices for the Push.